Pages

Skirt Steak Taco with Grilled Onions and Avocado

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Time, once again, for my favorite thing in the world....TACOS!  This time I used skirt steak, also one of my favorite things, with grilled onion, chopped avocado and home made salsa on a toasted corn tortilla.  I really dont think there is a better meal on earth.

I took one skirt steak and seasoned it with salt, pepper, cumin and coriander.  I grilled it over a hot flame for about 2-3 minutes per side, but making certain it was still pink in the center.  The same seasoning for some sliced onion as well as a drizzle of oil and onto the hot grill for a few minutes per side. 

When finished cooking, I let the meat rest for about 10-15 minutes and then sliced it very thin against the grain.  I toasted the corn tortillas for a few seconds on each side until they were pliable.  Next, arrange some of the grilled skirt steak on the tortilla and top with the grilled onions, chopped avocado some sour cream and fresh salsa.  The salsa is simply made by combining 1 tomato, 1/2 small onion, 1 garlic clove, 1 serrano chili pepper, juice of 1/2 lime, fresh cilantro and salt and pepper in food processor.  Pulse very quickly just until it is combined and chopped but not pureed.  You can also adjust the amount of heat by adding or subtracting chilis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment