Pages

Halloween Candy Of Course!

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Yup, I am sure that I am not alone in that a substantial part of my evening meal was, in fact, comprised of candy.  Candy and a strange spiced wine called "Witches Brew" which was heated on the stove, as directed, to a quite comforting warm temperature but not boiled.  The hint of cinnamon and clove was actually nice, initially, but quickly became icky. I then abandoned the Witches Brew for the much more upscale Beringer Pinot Noir which was my mothers contribution to the Halloween feast hosted by my brother.  

In addition to the Twix and Witches Brew, I did actually make a substantial and quite tasty submarine sandwich for all of us to enjoy in between trick or treating and answering the doorbell.  The photo, however, is the tiny piece I was able to wrap up for next days lunch.  I totally forgot to take a photo which really bums me out because it was a nice sandwich!  I purchased these enormous 2 feet long sandwich rolls from Jimmy Johns for less than $1, a bargain by any measure.  A healthy heaping handful of turkey, ham, salami, baby swiss cheese, lettuce, onion and tomato made this picture perfect and, were it not for the Witches Brew, I would have remembered to snap that photo to prove it.       

No comments:

Post a Comment