Pages

California Love

Sunday, April 27, 2014

{I made it!}

In case you missed my Blushington, celebrity sighting, or In-N-Out Burger recaps, I should probably let you know that I went to California last weekend for Labor Day with Kyle to visit his brother and sister-in-law. I think I was meant to live in LA--theres ridiculously delicious food, unreal humidity-free weather, and of course, ridiculously good looking people everywhere. Here are a few of the photos I felt compelled to share with you.
 {Venice Beachs famous Muscle Beach gym. I was actually really
unimpressed with the specimens working out, so it was only kind of intriguing.}
 {A real live "Freak Show" in Venice. I promise you dont have to pay an admission to see freaks here.}
 {Theres an amazing outdoor gym/playground situation close to Santa Monica with rings, bars, and ropes to climb. Its all free. And if you use it, youre probably a douchebag. Just sayin!}
 {Next to the gym/playground is this grassy knoll where people practice yoga and acrobatics and general attention-seeking behavior. Heres an old guy doing a handstand!}
 {Obligatory beach shot. Those mountains over there are supposedly Malibu. Thats where the rich people live. We didnt have the chance to make it to the bu, but it will be one of the first spots I hit on my next visit.}
 {Not only is there a ferris wheel on the Santa Monica pier, theres also a roller coaster and other rides. Its like a full carnival every day.}
 {Like I said...weirdos all over the beach.}
 {At the Grove, this guys only job is to stand here and be gawked at by passers-by. I told him he was doing a great job.}
 {At Dylans Candy Bar, a dollar got you a marshmallow, pretzel rod, or rice krispie treat passed through a waterfall of chocolate. I had a chocolate-covered marshmallow while Kyle had a pretzel rod.}
{Obligatory blogger macaron shot.}
{My outfit on the last night out--I couldnt help but break out the oxblood jeans in anticipation of fall. They, along with this blush top (similar) are probably the most amazing Forever 21 finds Ive ever encountered. The jeans (similar) are unbelievable comfortable, and at $15, Im planning on getting them in every color.}

No comments:

Post a Comment