Pages

Potatoes and String Beans A simple side dish

Monday, January 27, 2014
Photobucket

Dont you just love those little bags of baby potatoes? Ive been seeing them more often lately, baby reds, baby yukon golds and a couple of weeks ago I bought a bag of mixed baby potatoes. If you recall I roasted those in the oven and they were fantastic. This time I had a bag of baby yukon golds, I just love their creamy texture. This is a dish that Ive had many different ways growning up and a few years ago I began making them with vinegar. Steve and I love it but not everyone loves that tanginess. Since we werent the only ones eating this I decided to keep it simple.


Ingredients:

1 bag of baby yukon gold potatoes
Fresh string beans ( I dont weigh them so not sure how much)
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/4 cup chopped parsley
kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper
extra virgin olive oil


Trim string beans and boil in salted water until tender but slightly crisp and in another pot boil potatoes whole in salted water until fork tender. Drain well and toss with garlic, parsley, oil, salt and pepper. Serve warm or at room temperature, heck, I even like this cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment