Pages

Getting Drunk on Hair at The Blow Dry Bar

Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Once upon a time, my blog was about one thing and one thing only: cupcakes. You thought I was going to say being really, really good looking, didnt you? Thats just what its about now. But when this here blog was simply about precious cupcakes, I wrote a girl-crush post about Emily from Cupcakes and Cashmere, in which I questioned whether I should expand my blogs focus (Spoiler Alert: I did).

In that post, I specifically mentioned Emilys trip to a blow out-only hair salon. That was almost two years ago, and Ive been dreaming about it ever since, so when I discovered Houston had their own version called the Blow Dry Bar, I practically peed myself from delight!
After convincing my mom it would be $35 well spent ($45 in her case, since she has so much hair), we booked our appointments for my trip back home last week.

The place is fresh and feminine, accented with Tiffany blue accessories and chandeliers.
Of course, no self respecting "bar" would be without their coasters...
 ...or menu options:
 I went with On the Rocks.
Here I am before, looking pretty damn good:
 ...but here I am after, looking even better (which I wouldnt have thought possible):
Ive said before how its always been really difficult for me to find someone who can blow dry my unruly hair as well as me, but I was pretty impressed with my hairtender? at the Blow Dry Bar. She used several large round brushes and finished off the look with a 1 inch barrel curling iron to create the soft, loose waves in my hair. I left feeling pretty good about the whole experience and more frustrated than ever that D.C. still doesnt have one of these. Like, how is that even possible???

So, anyone else ever been to a blow dry bar? How did you like it? Which style did you choose??

No comments:

Post a Comment